Lunes, Hulyo 10, 2017

LIVING THE QUESTIONS

"I beg you, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart 
and to try to love the questions themselves 
as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. 
Don’t search for the answers, 
which could not be given to you now, 
because you would not be able to live them. 
And the point is to live everything. 
Live the questions now. 
Perhaps then, someday far in the future, 
you will gradually, without even noticing it,
 live your way into the answer. "

- from Letters to a Young Poet by Rainier Maria Rilke

This got me through that difficult time in my life. I was brimming with questions that I refused to understand. I still find it hard to talk about that day, that week, that year. But every time I see my little girl, I remember Rilke and I will be forever grateful to poems and poets.



One day, I will write the story how these words kept me strong, how the full moon kept me awake, and how you--our Linnaaw, made your Nanay and Tatay so brave, so brave.

But yes, no one, absolutely no one I know is braver than you, our little spaghetti monster.



One day.



read more about the poet here

4 (na) komento:

  1. True, napakaganda ng tulang ito. Masaya ako na naalala mo din. Miss you Liwa and Linnaaw, our Botbot! <3 <3 <3 Bisita kayo ulit dito :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. oo mamu, bwibwisitahin ka namin soon hehe. or pasyal ka sa bundok makiling minsan :D
    <3

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Aww I love this book, ate Liwa! 😌 Always inspired by how brave you, kuya Benj, and Botbot are. ❤

    TumugonBurahin