Biyernes, Oktubre 10, 2014

FLUFFY MAIL



Nothing beats the smile on my face when the doorbell rings. Fluffy mail! That means new cloth diapers found their way home—to me!

It’s my latest addiction (before, it was to buy the best finds in ukay-ukay shops and second hand bookstores). My Irog doesn’t frown down on my recent fling with cloth nappies.  He said anything that makes me want to change diapers is well worth it. So even before our baby came out, I already have a pretty decent stash: 9 newborn diapers, 1 all-in-one diaper, 7 covers, 23 pockets (plus 6 in transit). Two months before my due date, I already washed and prepped the nappies. And when I packed our hospital bag, it was filled with CDs. I was that excited for my baby to poop on them!

Now, my baby is 9 months old and I’m still hooked. But this time, with hybrid fitted diapers. It started with Fluffy Pwets, on the day I said my diaper stash is complete. I finally found that elusive Sunbaby cat print nappy, so I was ready to go on rehab. No more looking at the for sale album in Modern Cloth Nappying Pinays and Cloth Diaper Exchange. No more cat-print-nappy-hunting. I even made a promise not to get hybrid fitted diapers (i was trying each system and different brands then, to see the one that my baby agrees with) because it was pretty expensive. And then a friend on FB (yes, I made friends with cloth-loving mommies on FB) posted a picture of Fluffy Pwet diaper on her wall. I was done for.

It was beautiful.





So i had to get one, you see. I didn’t know I had to fight for it. Us moms call it giera. There were limited slots to each design so I had to wait for the exact slot-taking hour and comment MINE! on the picture of the nappy I’ve been stalking. I had to call two friends for support, to make sure I get the slot. You’d think this will discourage the addiction. But no, it made things even more exciting. Winning a slot is like seeing my crush when I was in high school. It made me gush, made me sweat and sent my heart racing. Every stocking, a new design would call my attention, plead to my sentimentality and push me to "go to the mattresses!”

And oh, did I tell you that a Fluffy Pwets hybrid fitted is as airy as your old-fashioned lampin? And the soaker is so thirsty, it lasts the night without any leaks.  They also have these bundles where you get dresses or sando tops the same print with the nappy. And since I’m also a certified children’s book junkie, I went gaga over Guess How Much I Love You, Goodnight Moon, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar prints. Who wouldn’t? They're absolutely gorgeous.







I ended up spending more than I planned for on cloth diapers. But did you know you can sell all of them when your baby is potty trained? Yes! And if you take care of the nappies well (no bleach, no fabric conditioners when washing), they have a very good resale value. My Irog tells me I can keep buying so long as I sell some. I make sure I’ll always have closet space for another Fluffy Pwets nappy. 

Post Script
I was so into FP, I even made a story out of it. Read it here.  Photos taken from The Marshmallow Baby Online Shop where you can order your Fluffy Pwets!


 Look at this adorable FP pinafore that Fluffy Pwets sent me :) It is reversible and the pprint comes from children's book classic Goodnight Moon. Thanks Fluffy Pwets!


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento