Lunes, Oktubre 27, 2014

SAFE AND SNUG: BABYWEARING


I hate watching news nowadays. That's why we don't have a television at home. But I can't escape bad news. Here's another one: Kidnapping Attempt in Alabang Town CenterGood thing the sales lady had the presence of mind to help the girl. Even though the attempt was foiled and the girl is now safe with her parents, the perpetrator got away and incidents like this are becoming more frequent. Reading about this made my paranoid-meter go over the top BUT I can't be that woman who thinks every stranger she meets in the street is out to get her kid.

Still, we can't be too careful. Here are What to Teach Kids About Strangers.  My little girl is still a baby and I feel safe going around the city only when I'm wearing her. Yes, babywearing gives me a sense of security. Just they try taking away my baby from me when she's snug in our Ubba wrap. 




I was well into my 3rd trimester when I saw a mom with her hands full of shopping bags and her baby asleep on her chest. I thought, "Ang galing! Handsfree!" I followed her and asked her about it. She told me she's using Saya and then invited me to join the Filipino Association of Babywearers. The next mommy bazaar, I found myself buying my own Saya. For two months, we practiced with our stuffed toy Cotton. After I gave birth, I went home from the hospital wearing my baby. 

There are other reasons why you should wear your baby. This article sums it all up: The 5 Fab Benifits of Babywearing.
I'll add two more:
#6: anti-kidnapping devise :)
#7: keep baby close to you while holding hands with your love :P

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento