Sabado, Oktubre 11, 2014

MIBF 2014 BEST FINDS



I'm always on the hunt for good books. But during the yearly MIBF, the bookhunt goes up a notch. We have a booklist (I put mine together months before), a budget (1k per head), and a gameplan (arrive before lunch, an hour alloted for booksigning, then visit the booths, leave before 4PM—anlayo naman kasi ng MOA!). The best thing about this year is I get to spend my baby's budget as well. Oh, the perks of being a Nanay!

This year, my list included:
Rizalpabeto by Vim Nadera and Elmer Borlongan
Kulay published by Adarna House
Jepoy Dyip by Jomike Tejido
It's a mens world by Bebang Siy
The Day of Darkness by Gutch Gutierrez and Zig Marazigan
And copies of my new book Ang Paglalakbay ni Potpot

This is what I came home with--


I spent the night looking at our loot, reading once, twice, thrice (The first time, I focus on the text. Second reading is for the illustration. The third, both).

And every year, I select one or two that I really, really liked. This year's blockbuster award goes to:




Yep, mommies, go out and buy these two books. The price is higher than your usual local children's books but it's worth every penny! I just wished they printed these into board books.


Prrrrrt...Utot! Tells a story of a lonely carabao who ate balut! The result? A fantastic, marvelous, stinky fart! HaHaHa! The carabao shared balut with his friends and what do you think happened? Your guess is as good as mine. The artwork featured inabel woven motifs from northern Luzon.


Kilikili! is all about body parts, especially the ones that tickle easily. It also introduces counting, and Philippine fabrics with Mindanao motif—T'nalak and Yakan. 



Both books are heaps of fun, not just for the lttle ones but for adults too! I wish I've written them. Great job  Ana de Borja Araneta , Krie Reyes Lopez, and Anvil. I'll try to get the rest of the series when my wallet gets fat. You can see other Anvil Early Learning Books here.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento